Wednesday 16 July 2014

Getting stuff done!

I have struggled with using sketches in my scrapbooking for a long time. I plan to use one, sit down with my supplies, and end up doing nothing. Part of my mixed up brain just rebels against being told how to do something, even in the loosest of terms, so I have never managed to get it done before.
So yesterday I decided that I would take a look at the By Design portion of Camp Scrap, I had resigned myself to probably not doing anything from that section because of my aversion to sketches so I was watching just for fun. But then I came into my craft room after the baby had fallen asleep for the night, and I found myself working on a layout inspired by the first sketch. It just flowed so easily, I didn't get stuck, I didn't worry too much about which embellishments I would use and stuck to a fairly clean and simple design (clean and simple for me anyway). When the page was finished I was amazed, I had finally managed to follow a sketch!
This is the resulting layout


 Happy with what I had done, and with some time to do a little more I started work on another layout, using the sketch from Week 2 of Camp Scrap.
I had these photos hanging around for a while and had been wondering what to do with them, nothing had ever seemed quite right so I had left them to one side until I had a better idea. Last night was it, I just had to get them scrapped and out of the way. The idea was so easy to follow, just a square within a square. That was something I almost always use on my layouts anyway, so I went for it and used the whole sketch that May created for the class. The layout that I made shows off the photos quite well, gave me room to tell the story and looks nice.
This layout also shows just how easy it is to create your own cut shapes with a silhouette cutter as well.

I'm so glad I've finally come past my "I can't do sketches" phase and managed to get some things scrapped that have been waiting around for months.

Thanks for visiting

Anne
-x-

1 comment: